Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Signs of Spring...

Looks like it's the end of Winter... and Sakura season! Time to sit under a Cherry Blossom tree and drink lots and lots of Shochu, so much Shochu in fact, sitting under a Cherry Blossom tree starts making deep meaningful sense... It's probably more fun watching inebriated salarymen in their black suits, prancing around the Sakura tree shouting out Japanese Karaoke favorites then actually partaking in such activities.

Like I said before, I much prefer winter, no bugs, no sweat, did I mention no sweat? Spring just means that the dreaded heat of Summer is close by...

Obligatory Sakura photo here...


And another one, this time on the Meguro river, click for a bigger view...

La Foret Park

And proof that it's HOT... 29.5 degrees.

The End

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny dude, I can't wait for the blistering summer heat... means sitting in the cool waters of our bay, beach hopping with our dinghy, swinging in a hammock under a tree, dining al fresco....

Fried Sashimi said...

ahh, but in the concrete jungle, it just means hot, hot days and hot nights... no cool waters, bbq or trees.

Vida said...

Oh yeah, I forgot.... come to think of it Madrid was rather infernal in summer. Here we have a rule too, after June we do not go into the "city" unless it is an emergency.

Last year Vito had a dental appointment end of July. It was 48 degrees, I kid you not, the streets were empty and the sidewalks sizzled. Quite hellish. You have a point!